Saturday, September 24, 2011

Come Into My Nightmare

With the recent acquiring of 2 soul grinders, 20 pink horrors, 3 flamers, and a lovely new finecast herald (with some issues, but more on that later,) I decided it was time for a update. So now let's get down to nails and brass tacks, or however that little bit goes.

The Finecast Flamers
Side View

These guys where super fun to paint, and i tested alot of new techniques on them, some worked better than others, and there is still a little bit of work to do on the flames and some minor touch ups on the white part of them.

Soul Grinder
Leg Armor and Runes
Daemon Sword

Fateweaver

Fateweavers Book

It was fun painting the first half of the book, not entirely sure what to do with the other page. Chances are, however, it will be something insanely intricate that i will fail horribly at doing and he will end up thrown at the wall. But let's hope it doesn't quite come to that.

Now lets move onto my most recent purchase, shall we?

Herald of Tzeentch on Disc

Now this guy, much to my chagrin, has A LOT of detail, so much detail, that i am not sure if what I am scraping off is flash or a necklace or whatever. The disc also had several bubbles where the eyes where (goddamnit, this is already killing my will to live and i haven't even primed yet!) but I imagine some minor greenstuffing (which I am garbage at, welp) will fix. That said, the pink horror mob is almost ready, only 10 more guys (or 20, if I choose to replace the old school guys I got in the trade) left for the even 60. 

The real difficulty, as it may seem, is the question of do I wait for finecast Screamers of Tzeentch, or do I go ahead and roll with metal ones. This is a tough question, as I have no idea when they will be released. I might go ahead and buy 10 for now and just upgrade whenever, and turn the ones I have into display base fun(A word on that later)

It seems I have my hands full right now, so I guess i better get back to painting...


No comments:

Post a Comment